2018 Generac GP6500 Model #5940
An affordable solution for many different applications, the GP6500 is ideal for tailgating, camping, power tool use, and emergency home backup power.
- Generac's OHV engine with splash lubrication provides a long engine life.
- Hour meter tracks maintenance intervals.
- Large-capacity steel fuel tank with incorporated fuel gauge provides durability and extended run times.
- Low-oil level shutdown automatically safeguards engine from damage.
- Covered outlets provides added protection from the environment and rugged working conditions.
- Hardened 1 1/4" steel tube cradle for added durability and strength.
- Fold-down, locking handle for sturdy portability and compact storage.
- Heavy-duty, never-flat wheels for reliable portability.
- CSA and CARB Certified.
- Product Series: GP6500
- Model (Configuration): 5940-2 (EPA/49-State); 5976-2 (EPA/49-ST/CSA/Canada); 5946-1 (EPA/CARB/California)
- AC Rated Output Running Watts: 6500
- AC Maximum Output Motor Starting Watts: 8125
- AC Voltage: 120/240 VAC
- AC Frequency: 60 Hz
- Rated VAC Amperage: 54.2/27.1
- Max Rated VAC Amperage: 67.8/33.9
- Engine Displacement: 389cc
- Engine Type: OHV
- Engine RPM: 3600
- Recommended Oil: 10W-30 / SAE30
- Lubrication Method: Splash
- Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) : Yes
- Choke Location: On Engine
- Fuel Shut Off: On Fuel Tank
- Starting Method: Recoil Pull Start
- Low Oil Shutdown Method: Low Level
- Neutral Bonded to Ground: Yes
- Start Switch Type: On/Off Switch
- Switch Location: On Engine
- Fuel Gauge: Built-In Tank
- Fuel Tank Capacity Gal (Ltr): 7.2 (27.3)
- Run Time at 50% (Hours): 10
- Handle Style: Single Folding / Locking
- Wheel Type: 9.5" Solid Wheels
- Maintenance Kit: Sold Separately
- Warranty - Residential: 2 Year Ltd
- Warranty - Commercial: 1 Year Ltd
- Length in (mm): 27.25 (692)
- Width in (mm): 27 (687)
- Height in (mm): 25 (638)
- Extended Length in (mm): 44.5 (1129)
- Carton Length in (mm): 31 (790)
- Carton Width in (mm): 21.5 (550)
- Carton Height in (mm): 23.25 (590)
- Unit Weight lbs (kg) 5940-2: 175 (79.3)
- Shipping Weight lbs (kg) 5940-2: 197.5 (89.6)
- Engine Type
- 27.25 in. (692 mm)
- 27 in. (687 mm)
- 25 in. (638 mm)
- 175 lb. (79.3 kg)
- AC Output
- Fuel Tank Capacity
- 7.2 gal. (27.3 L)
- Run Time
- At 50%: 10 hours